Sunday 5 April 2015

homegrown pineapple


Hello, my name is Muriel Kingsley, 71 years young! Mother of six children and Grandmother to fourteen beautiful grandchildren. Born in Jamaica in 1943, I went to school at the age of seven, left at the age of 12 and I could just about write my name. I came to England when I was twenty-six, still unable to write more than a shopping list and only able to read a few chapters in the bible. I would like to share my journey with you, to prove that you never stop learning, and it's never too late to start something new. So, I would like to welcome you to my blog and my first ever post. And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, well, thank goodness I'm not a dog!

This is the first pineapple I have grown, in my conservatory, Thornton Heath, Croydon. I've always wondered if I would be able to grow my own pineapple, and after numerous attempts over the years, followed by two years of nurturing and talking to this plant, I was overjoyed to finally be rewarded with this small, juicy, sweet fruit! That was back in August 2012. I'm still trying to grow another and I won't give up. If you don't try something out, you'll never know. And, if you don't succeed the first time, just keep trying! Love Muriel xx

4 comments:

  1. Well done mum! So proud of you. This is such a lovely first post. Big love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fitz butler-smith5 April 2015 at 09:23

    I would love to know how many people in this country could grow bananas and pineapple with no artificial lighting! Well done mama! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Muriel and good luck growing the second one, your an amazing lady and your children and grandchildren must be so proud of you. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget the Sugercane or the Parrot Plant/ Bird of paradise. Humble beginnings beautiful creations! Wonderful mother......xxxxxxx






    ReplyDelete